Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My week away

I was on vacation last week and, I must say, it was great. What a good feeling to know that when you finally decide to lay your head down at night, the alarm isn’t going to rudely awake you in the morning.
Tuesday morning, however, we did get up early and hit the road. I rode with my daughter and grandson to Chattanooga, TN. We stopped there for lunch and visited the Tennessee Aquarium. I hadn’t been to that aquarium since my daughter was little. It is so much fun to go places like that with a small child. The wonder and amazement in a child’s eyes is priceless. Although, since the aquarium had a couple of displays where you could put your hand in and “pet” the fish, my grandson now doesn’t understand why he cant put his hands in the tank we have at home and pet our fish!
Later that afternoon I checked into the Chattanooga Choo Choo for the night and the kids got back on the road headed to Pennsylvania. This was my first visit to the Choo Choo and I was very well pleased. I was upgraded to a suite simply because I joined their rewards program when I made the reservation. Not that I needed a suite, but it was nice!
There is a restaurant name The Station House located at the Choo Choo that has really good steak and live entertainment. All of the wait staff sings! They have a band and all of the servers take turns singing. It was a lot of fun.
On Wednesday, I spent the day exploring Chattanooga on foot. I shopped, ate, strolled thru the parks and even got a massage. It was a great day.
The remainder of vacation was spent at home. It was also nice to have time to get a few things done around the house that I had been putting off. Also, to just relax and do nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment