Thursday, August 18, 2016

The other side of life......

I have had a very long hiatus from blogging and so much has changed.
So much, in fact, that I have considered changing the title of the entire blog to the title of this post!
Over the course of the past year I became an empty-nester. Then, my little birdies who had left the nest, left the state! Yes, my daughter and grandson moved to Alabama.
I grieved considerably for a while. In fact, I threw myself quite a pity party. It was borderline shameful. As the old saying goes though, this too shall pass.
I eventually began to get over myself and appreciate the growth and maturity I have seen in my beloved babies. Oh how they have blossomed out on their own in the big world!
My daughter graduated from MUW with her bachelors in nursing. My grandson started kindergarten and lost his first tooth all in less than a weeks time.

With all of this being said, I am on to "the other side of life". I don't have anyone but the cat at home to answer to now. (oh yea, I'm not married) I must admit I have discovered it is kind of liberating to either come straight home from work and have cereal for supper while watching anything I want on television or not come home until late because I just didn't feel like it. And I didn't have to tell anyone! 40-something is the new 20-something!!

I am so excited to share the adventures of this side of life as it unfolds. Oh yea, I even bought a camera to capture it in living color! Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment