Monday, October 3, 2016

Bitten by the Bug


I have always had a certain amount of interest in photography, but I now feel that I have been bitten by a big shutter-bug.
About a month or so ago, I decided to look into purchasing a starter camera.  I was just tired of always taking pictures with the out of focus camera on my phone.  As some may know, I have quite a habit of getting really fired up about a new hobby, investing too much money in it, then losing my fire. This time I decided to be a little smarter about it.  I began watching a local "buy sell trade" page on social media. Behold, I found my perfect starter camera.
A gently used gem for a price I couldn't beat.  The woman selling it even gave me a few pointers on how to use it.  I took that as a sign of pure fate.
I started out taking a few pictures here and there around the house. I flipped through the owners manual. Finally, this past Sunday, I took my new camera on a road trip. We perused the rural roads. I knew my first stop would this bridge near Pennington, AL. From the first time I saw it, I knew I would be back to capture it on film. From there we hit a dirt road to find somewhere to get closer to the river. The satisfaction of that perfect day did my soul good.
I am already planning the next camera ready road trip. Fall foliage in all its splendor is calling out to me like a long lost love. "I'll see you soon, my sweet", is my earnest reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment