Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Falling out of love with carbs......

I have been a lover of all things carb for 40+ years. Bread, pasta, potatoes, starchy vegetables, I'm not real choosy. I have fought the low carb diet plan tooth and nail. Recently, however, my dear friend Michelle inspired me to join the low carb movement. I have now joined multiple low carb groups online. I am on my second week of low carb eating and I have to admit, I am enjoying it!

This evening I made a chicken dish for supper that I have to brag about.
Yesterday I cooked chicken breast in the crockpot and had plenty left over for today. The chicken had cooked all day with a little butter, cream cheese, garlic pepper and BACON. We all know that bacon makes everything better.

First I sautéed onions and peppers in olive oil until just tender. The smell of each of those ingredients alone says comfort food. Together, over heat, it is amazing.

While the veggies were cooking, I sliced one chicken breast. The chicken was so tender that it fell apart as much as it was sliced. During this time I also added a little of the broth from the cooked chicken in with the peppers and onions.

When the vegetables were just starting to soften, I added the sliced chicken to the skillet to heat and absorb all of that extra flavor. I must admit, my mouth was starting to water.

Just before plating, I added a small amount of pepperjack cheese to melt over this low carb chicken happiness. I know this isn't a pretty meal but it made me forget that there was no bread or pasta in sight.

My one downfall is that I don't measure when I cook. A little dab of this and a little dab of that for a one time event. None the less, I believe this one would be easy to replicate. Happy eating!







No comments:

Post a Comment