Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thoughts from the Cat Lady

I would think that most anyone who spends much time on the internet has seen a meme that says something along the lines of "the more people I meet, the more I love my dog".  Well, I am that kind of person except I have cats. I haven't always been a cynic, though. Just turn on the television, or computer, for that matter. I know people have been mean to each other and talked about each other since probably the beginning of time, but what ever happened to having a little decorum? Long gone are the days of talk being confined to the water cooler or behind closed doors. Long gone are the days of differences of opinion being issues we begrudged but dealt with without completely bashing another in a public forum. And, apparently, long gone are the days of civilized debate. (*cough* politics)
Some might say that the internet or social media has been the downfall of our social skills. I don't think I can agree. Yes, it has nudged society into what we are today, but let's not give electronic devices and cyber space more power than they are due. A wall to hide behind while spewing forth hatefulness at friends and strangers alike is what we have created. The darker side of humanity has found it's platform and is running with it.
Now, back to those dogs and cats. Animals will love and not judge nor chastise. So, if I tend to sit on my front porch and talk to the stray tomcat who stops by for a free meal, I might be a crazy cat lady. Or, I might be one person holding out hope that we find our way back to Mayberry.


No comments:

Post a Comment