Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Adventures Anew!

All of the men in my family have been golfers. My father, both brothers, cousins, all enjoy chasing that little ball around the green. I decided there might be something to it! I am going to give golf a swing. (Get it.....golf, swing....haha)
But seriously, I know that I might look like a bumbling baffoon when I start out. I am ok with that. Fresh air, exercise and the social aspect all seem worth it to me.
Although, I do remember when I was in high school and my next older brother, Jim, was going to teach me how to correctly hold a club and hit the ball. By the time I had my hands in the correct position and my head turned just so, I could hardly move! It was very comical even if I didnt think so at the time. I am going to tell myself that part of the problem was that it was my brother teaching me and I was being hard headed against his direction and not that I am THAT uncoordinated.
I havent given up the running that I started in the spring. Please dont think that I am a band wagon person. The Southern heat and humidity is kicking my booty. I needed an outdoor activity that isnt quite as strenuous as running but not as sedentary as just lounging by the pool.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment