Monday, June 10, 2013

First day of school

Today my grandson, Lane, started his first day at Highland CDC. Like going to "big school"!
Up until now, he has stayed with a family friend during the day. So, although my daughter has been dropping him off somewhere each day when she goes to school or work, it is very casual. Not like going to day care.
We backed his backpack last night with everything on this list. This morning I talked to him about going to big boy school and making new friends and having new toys to play with. I have no idea if his almost 2 year old brain really comprehended, but he seemed excited. My daughter was very nervous.
After dropping him off, she texted me to say that he didnt cry. He was all too concerned with the toys! He gave mommy a kiss and that was it.
I asked her if she went to the car and cried. I would have and probably did the first time I dropped her at daycare. Bless her heart, she said she held back tears.
Babies grow up so fast. Hard to believe that today my baby dropped her baby off!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and such a cutie too. Thanks for sharing.
    http://savortheessenceoflife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete