Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Five (#1)

Hooray for Friday!!! I wish I could say that I had a really eventful week, but it wasnt really.

1)No skin cancer! I recently had an odd looking lesion on my foot biopsied, and found out this week that it is benign! Talk about a sigh of relief.

2)Golf! If you read my blog you will already know that I have decided to try golf. A friend from work is letting me borrow a few clubs to start out. I cant go spending a couple hundred dollars on a hobby I dont know yet if I will like. I'll try to keep everyone informed how it goes.

3)Back to school! I registered to go back to school yesterday. I dont really have a game plan. I only lack a couple of classes to have a university transfer AA degree, so for now that is what I am doing. No, I am not planning on leaving nursing. I would actually take classes all the time if I could afford it. Call me a nerd, but I love going to school

4)Grilling! Yes, I love to grill. I grilled more vegetables a couple of days ago, but this time I cooked them in one of my cast iron skillets. So good! My sister in law is coming to visit tomorrow so I think I will do that again. One of my neighbors gave me some fresh squash from her garden, so that will be grilled also. Yummy!

5)Visiting! Earlier this week, Lane and I went visiting in the Dynamite City of the South (DeKalb). For anyone who is familiar, this is not a big experience. It was just something different to do. We visited Sage book store where Lane got a new Beanie Baby. He loves his babies.
Lara, who owns the book store, lets her dog and kitten roam in the store. Lane fell in love with the kitten!

This is my first Friday 5 and I didnt really plan for it. Hopefully next week I will have pictures and more embellishment!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week to me!! My papaw lives in DeKalb and we were just there last Sunday! You need to eat at the cozy Kitchen! SOOOOO good. So happy you got a good report from the dr, and good luck with going back to school. Better you than me. Ha! =) Happy Friday, and enjoy your weekend. So happy you linked up today!

    ReplyDelete