Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happily Single

I have been single for several years now. Yes, I have dated off and on in the past but haven't even done that in quite a while. Occasionally, people will ask me why I am single. At times it can be hard to explain why I am so happy and content being "alone".
Yes, I have been married and obviously it did not work out. I have come to realise that some of us just aren't meant to be married. Staying single is even spoken about in the Bible quite a bit in 1 Corinthians.
Even as a child I was very content being by myself and doing things alone. I am still that way today. I can hop in my car and go out to eat or out of town all alone and have no problem with it. I don't have to worry about what someone else wants to do, don't have to wait on anyone else, and can change plans at the drop of a hat.
I was my dads shadow as a child and adolescent and he taught me to be very independant. No, I dont change my own oil, but I can tackle many basic home repairs. If I don't know how to do something, I can Google it! For the bigger tasks that are beyond me, I have several male friends and a couple of male neighbors that I can call on at any time.
Sure, at times I look at some of my happily married friends and read some of my married sister-bloggers post and wonder 'what if', but at the end of the day I know that being single is my life. And it's a happy life filled with my daughter and grandson, my job, God, lots of hobbies and friends. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment