Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The joy of country living

I just love all of the things that can happen when you live out in the country! One night, last month, when my daughter got home from work she discovered a raccoon in the garage eating out of the cat’s food bowl. A couple of weeks later, she came home late and heard something bumping around in the garage just to discover a possum making his way to the cat food. As you can see, he wasn’t shy at all! Yesterday evening, we were sitting in the living room talking and I noticed a raccoon strolling across the back porch like he didn’t have a care in the world. My daughter said it didn’t look like the one she had seen before because this one wasn’t as fat as the first. A few minutes after we watched the raccoon cross the porch, I went to look in the garage and sure enough, there he was. The raccoon was having a snack and the cat was stretched out taking a nap like this was the most normal thing ever! I used to joke that I spent more on pet food than people food because of all of the stray cats that ate at my house. Little did I know I have been feeding half of the forest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment