Friday, July 19, 2013

Strawberry Preserve Cupcakes!

I’m not doing a Friday 5 link up today. I am, instead, going to brag on the super yummy cupcakes I made last night.
These are an adaptation of a recipe from “The Cupcake Bible”. They are called Strawberry Preserve Cupcakes, and they are so moist and good.



1 -  box moist strawberry cake mix
1 – 8 oz carton sour cream
2/3 cup water
¼ cup oil
3 eggs
Strawberry preserves

Line muffin tin with paper cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350.

Mix the first 5 ingredients together until smooth. Will be thick.
Fill cupcake liners ½ way with batter. Carefully place about a teaspoon of
The strawberry preserves in the center of each cup. Cover the preserves with
a little more batter. Cups will be about 2/3 full.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

These cupcakes are great just as they are or for a little more yumminess, top with
your favorite frosting. I used a simple vanilla frosting.

Last night my house smelled amazing and I had two happy kids!

1 comment: